Because of the summer heat, Fires break out in the open area and spread rapidly due to the wind. Since the heat has increased drastically for the past few days, the number of fire accidents has increased in many places in or around Pune. Fire incidents are mainly due to mountains, garbage heaps, abandoned objects, and short circuits.
During summers there is always an increase in fire incidents in buildings, houses, and factories due to chemical processes or short circuits. The main causes of fires remain the usual suspects viz. excess temperature, gas leakage, or human error.
AC, cooler, fan as well as microwave oven, open induction, iron, etc which are used at home in summer should be maintained and repaired on time. Many times, there have been cases of fire due to blockage in the kitchen chimney. Therefore, it is being requested by the fire brigade department that the use of equipment with high temperatures should be avoided as much as possible during the afternoon.