Prolite manufactures Exit/Emergency Egress Route Lighting Systems for all requirements and a myriad of applications. With its ever expanding product range, it is the first Exit/Emergency/Egress route Lighting Systems’ manufacturer to be an ISO 9001:2015 Certified Company in the fields of R&D, Manufacturing, Marketing and Maintenance in the country. The design excellence of our products is achieved by long and constant in -house Research and Development. Prolite’s products and services are tailored and tweaked to support constantly changing lifestyles and client preferences. Prolite, as a part of its evolution, has adopted this principle.
Mr. Harsha Joshi founded the company in 1984. He established and pioneered the brand in the Indian market, through astute marketing and communication. He is also a member of various communities such as the NSCM FPAI, FSAI, ECAM, ISLE, SAMA, etc. He has been actively involved in launching new product ranges (Solar lights, Addressable Smart lights, etc.)
Alka Joshi co-founded Prolite in 1984 along with her husband Harsha Joshi. Her first major success came with the company winning of a big order from the CBI, in 1987. This was followed by a PAN India deal with the beverage giant, Coca Cola. Alka also played a crucial role in her company signing a deal with ITPL (International technology Park), thus finding its way into their International vendor list and supplying lights for the rest of their projects.
Varun Joshi, the son of co-founders Harsha and Alka Joshi soon learnt the ropes of the business and formally joined Prolite in 2005. He has always had the inclination towards expanding the Company’s legacy. He understood the business and the mindset of people in the safety industry. Furthermore, he even came up with a range of smart & user-friendly products.
Standards and Codes
INDIAN STANDARDS AND CODES
• National Building Code of India SP : 7 2005.
• IS 9583-1981 Specification for Emergency lighting units.
• IS 9457-1980 (Reaffirmed 1997) Code of practice for safety colors and safety signs.
• IS 12349-1988 Fire protection - Safety signs.
• IS-13716 Fire Safety in hotels-code of practice.
• IS-1644-1988 Code of practice for fire safety of building (general) : Exit requirement and personal hazard.
• IS 1646 Code of practice for safety of buildings : Electrical installations.
• IS 12407-1988 Graphic symbols for fire protection plans.
• BS 5499
• EN 60598.2.22
• UL 924
• ISO 7010
• DIN 6750 Part 1-4
• IMO resolution A 752 (18)
• BS 5499-1
• ISO 15370
• ASTM E 2072-4
• NFPA life safety code 101/101B
• UL 924
• OSHA 1910.37
• IS 9457
• IS 12349-198B
• IS 13716
• IS 1644
• ISO 15370
• NBC 1983 (SP 7 Part 4)