Blog

FREQUENT FIRE ACCIDENTS ACROSS INDIA ARE AN ONGOING REALITY WITH LITTLE SUCCESS ACHIEVED IN GETTING DOWN THE NUMBERS

Fire accidents are the most common disaster in everyday life and the need to focus on fire safety of any given premises in any part of the country cannot be overemphasised. Be it housing, storage or corporate, no segment is untouched. A random look at more recent fire accidents cross country, should jolt us all back to a reality we love to brush under the carpet.

The Pioneer reports, “Two fire incidents were again reported in the national Capital on Sunday. In the first incident, a fire broke out in a banquet hall near the Peeragarhi Chowk here on Sunday morning. No casualty was reported. According to Atul Garg, the Director of Delhi Fire Service (DFS), a call was received about a blaze at Maidens Crown banquet hall at around 11 am following which seven fire tenders were rushed to the spot. Meanwhile, police said that when the police team reached the spot, a lot of smoke was coming from Maidens Crown banquet, seven fire tenders and one ambulance was also deployed, but the fire staff managed to control the fire without any casualty. “During inquiry, it was found that the fire incident occurred due to a short circuit on the main stage of the hall,” said Sameer Sharma, the Deputy Commissioner of Police (DCP), Outer district.

In another fire incident, a godown caught fire on Nicholson Road in North Delhi's Mori Gate area in the morning. "A fire call was received at around 9.30 am and 12 fire-tenders were rushed to the spot. No casualty was reported and the fire was brought under control," Garg said, “The fire broke out in a godown in which rubber materials were kept stored. As the fire broke out, we vacated the adjacent buildings.” “No casualty or injury was caused to any person and the fire is under control and later extinguished,” said Sagar Singh Kalsi, the Deputy Commissioner of Police (DCP), North district. The cause of fire is suspected to be an incident triggered due to short-circuit. In the last one week around six to seven fire incidents have been reported in the national Capital. On Saturday morning, a massive fire broke out in three buildings in Delhi's Azad market area. Police said that following the fire in one of the buildings, a four-storey structure also collapsed.”

The fire and emergency department which reportedly has 38% of its overall sanctioned posts vacant, has been fighting at least one building fire incident in Bengaluru every day on average, while the state reports more than three, data for more than five years shows. Between January 1, 2017 and March 10, 2022 Karnataka has seen 5,144 building fire incidents, with Bengaluru accounting for 55% of them.

Two people working with a contract firm died in a fire incident on Monday (11th April) afternoon at Maruti Suzuki’s research & development centre at Rohtak in Haryana. "Unfortunately, two people working with a contract firm of the project company succumbed to the fire," a company spokesperson said. The company deeply mourns this loss of life and stands with the families of the deceased in this moment of grief, it added. “There have been no other injuries”, the auto major stated.

Shree Krishna Paper Mills & Industries Ltd has reported a major fire accident on April 09, 2022 morning at around 8 A.M. The mishap took place at the waste paper godown of the plant situated at Plot No.SPL-A,RIICO Industrial Area, Village& Post: Keshwana, Tehsil : Kotputli, District: Jaipur (Rajasthan). The company informed that there is no loss or injury to human life. However, the fire has resulted into major damage of raw material stored in the waste paper godown thereby disturbing the entire operations.

A horrific fire accident in a scrap godown in Bhoiguda (Hyderabad) on March 23rd 2022, claimed 11 lives and but for the quick response of the fire department, the fire could have easily spread to the adjacent timber and plywood depots. “This is our duty, but unfortunately, we couldn’t save those 11 workers. Although the first fire tender, kept on COVID-19 duty at Gandhi Hospital, reached the godown at 4:02 a.m., not a cry of help was heard and we thought there was no one inside,” a Fire official told newspersons. Officials on the ground observed that poisonous fumes from the burning of old cables and wires, and the continued smoke due to insulation material on the wires, just below the victims’ sleeping room, may have caused suffocation, and the fire charred them.

 

 

Call : +91-22-6786 8100

Email : sales@prolite.in