In a bizarre tragedy, 6 lives were lost. "Six people in a family were found dead in their house in the Shastri Park area (in Delhi) after they inhaled carbon monoxide produced from the burning Mosquito coil that had fallen over a mattress sometime during the night. The toxic fumes caused inmates to lose consciousness and later die due to suffocation," senior Delhi Police officer Joy Tirkey said, as quoted by news agency ANI.
Of the six persons who died, four were adult males, one adult female and one child. Two others were treated for burn injuries at a hospital while one was discharged after first aid.